Trading Terms for Higher Scholes Cottage
1) The cottage is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2) All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Deposits must be received within one week of the reservation or we may re-advertise the availability on our website. Payments made can be made by bank transfer, personal UK sterling cheque and Visa/Mastercard.
3) The balance of the hire must be paid 6 weeks before the arrival, otherwise we reserve the right to treat the reservation as cancelled and re-advertise availability on our website.
4) Cancellations and alterations policy:
i) In the event of a cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to arrival deposit is non refundable.
ii) In the event of a cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the balance) full payment is non refundable. It is the hirers responsibility to arrange holiday cancellation cover.
iii) In the event of a request for change of dates more than 6 weeks prior to arrival (ie following payment of the deposit and prior to payment of the balance), the booking will be transferred to the new dates, only on one occasion, with no charge
vi) If a holiday is cut short, for whatever reason, the hirer remains liable for the full balance already paid.
5) The number of persons using Higher Scholes Cottage is not to exceed 2 adults/children and 1 infant using a cot, unless by prior arrangement. No inflatable beds in the cottage or camping in the grounds .
6) Unless otherwise agreed, the cottage is available from 4pm on arrival day until 10am on departure day.
7) Care of the Cottage. We undertake to make the cottage available to the hirer in a clean and tidy state and to maintain services and facilities in a proper workable condition.
i) Wi-Fi is provided for the guest's reasonable use. It is rural broadband and has limitations. The guest agrees to reasonable & lawful usage of this service.
ii) It is the hirer’s responsibility to read and understand the contents of the cottage guide on arrival and to pay specific attention to those instructions for lighting and managing the open fire. It is the hirer’s responsibility to share those instructions with other members of their party.
iii) If there is a fault or a problem occurs we will make best efforts to keep any delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum while we rectify.
iv) The hirer and their party undertakes to take good care of the cottage along with its contents and facilities.
v) The hirer undertakes to inform the owner or caretaker immediately of any articles that have been damaged, lost or broken during their stay, and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. The owner will contact the hirer within one week of departure regarding request for payment for any breakages and damage to the cottage and the effects of damage to the property and its contents. The hirer is responsible for the care and insurance of their own personal effects.
vi) The hirer and their party will ensure that the cottage is vacated on time and the cottage is left in a truly clean and tidy state. However, if the cottage is left in an unsatisfactory manor extra cleaning charges will apply @ £35.00 per hour
8) The owner and/or caretaker is allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay.
9) We reserve the right not to accept a booking or to refuse entry if any of the booking conditions are not met.
10) The Cottage is not suitable for pets - so no pets are allowed. The cottages are strictly no smoking.
11) Complaints. Our policy is to deal with complaints as soon as they arise, both promptly and in a positive manner. Should something go wrong, or you wish to give feedback or raise a complaint, please contact us immediately since it is often difficult to investigate or deal with complaints once you have returned home. Therefore, regrettably, Higher Scholes Cottage are unable to accept complaints or claims once a holiday is completed.
12) The use of holiday accommodation and any facilities is entirely at the risk of the hirer and their party. No liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car and its contents or any possessions of the party. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that their party are fully aware of all booking conditions & have appropriate holiday insurance in place.
13) We reserve the right to share details with other accommodation providers of those guests who do not respect the property or show a disregard to the terms and conditions set out above.
14) Higher Scholes Cottage are also a member of Premier Cottages Limited, a professional collective of independent luxury cottage owners. Premier Cottages promotes our properties on our behalf as well as other luxury cottages. As members of Premier Cottages we would like to give them your information so that they can contact you about quality properties that you might like. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time.
15) Terms of any special offers from Higher Scholes Cottage also form part of the contract.
16) Hot Tub
Children must be supervised at all times. Never use the hot tub alone. Do not use the hot tub under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Persons suffering from obesity or who have a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems and or diabetes should first consult their doctor before using the hot tub. Pregnant women or women with the possibility of being pregnant must consult with their doctor before using the hot tub, if you require hot tub temp lowering please advise Mrs. O’Leary. If you are taking medication please consult your doctor before using the tub. Do not use the hot tub if you have an infectious disease. No electrical equipment to be used within 5feet of the hot tub. The hot tub should be treated with respect at all times, damaged will be charged. Hot tub used at own risk. A hot tub safety form must be signed by all guests before use.
17) Force majeure;
We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force Majeure” (fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event beyond our control. Such circumstances include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire adverse weather conditions, war threat of war actual or threaten terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control
18) No commercial vehicles, without prior arrangements.
19) We cannot accept bookings from minors under the age of 18